CANADIAN NATURAL RESOURCES LTD.
FORT McMURRAY, ALBERTA
Flynn Industrial has had a long term involvement with the CNRL Kirby Project. We undertook Kirby South contracted by Bird Construction running from 2012 to the early part of 2013, and then were issued a Notice of Award directly by CNRL for Kirby North in July 2013.
Kirby North site is located approximately 85 km northeast of Lac La Biche, AB on the opposite side of highway 881 to Kirby South Project. As Kirby South this facility is intended to utilize Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) technology for the recovery of bitumen from the in situ oil sands resources.
Flynn Industrial Ltd had zero Medical Aids and zero Lost Time Incidents.
Flynn scope of work:
- Water Treating Building
- Oil Treating Building
- Steam Generation Building
The project includes below activities for the all three buildings:
- Engineering, procurement and installation of structural steel together with roof and wall platforms
- Manufacture and erection of the ladders, handrails and gates associated with the roof and
wall platforms with design assist.
- Procurement and installation of cladding system for walls and roofs with design assist.
- Procurement and installation of man door canopies
- Engineering, supply and fitting of HVAC equipment and ductwork
- Manufacture and installation of the pedestrian and roller doors
- Procurement and installation including commissioning of overhead cranes for the Steam and Oil Treating Buildings
Flynn completed the design and engineering for all activities. Manufacturing of the structural steel, cladding and HVAC was completed in January. Flynn looks forward to concluding our scope in the near future.
Contractor: Flynn Industrial Ltd
Contract Value: $16,500,000.00