Kiewit Canada Energy Corp.
Fort McMurray, Alberta
The Kearl Oil Sands Project is an oil sands mine in the Athabasca Oil Sands region at the Kearl Lake area, about 70 kilometers (43 mi) north of Fort McMurray in Alberta, Canada. The project is being developed in three phases with the first phase completed mid-2013.
Jointly owned by Imperial Oil and ExxonMobil Canada, it’s one of Canada’s largest open-pit mining operations, with regulatory approval for up to 345,000 barrels a day of bitumen production.
Flynn began work at the Kiewit module facility in Edmonton in early January 2013 and where required to complete the architectural portion of the works to 27 modular buildings required for the Kearl Expansion project. The modules were then shipped to the Kearl site and set in position enabling Flynn to complete final building tie in.
Based on Flynn Industrials outstanding safety record and performance during the KEP project, we were awarded a further 39 Modules for the Kearl Fine Tailings Treatment project and 18 modules for the Kearl Thickener project. In total, Flynn installed over 360000 SQFT of roof, wall and soffit panel.
Flynn Industrial Ltd had zero Medical Aids and zero Lost Time Incidents.
Flynn scope of work:
- Procurement and installation PIR Roof and Wall panels.
- Procurement and installation of MF Wall and Soffit panels.
- Manufacture and installation of the pedestrian and roller doors
- Procurement and Installation of Computer Flooring.
- Installation and removal of Temp Shipping Walls.
- Manufacture and installation of Roof curbs with design assist..
- Procurement and installation of Ice Rakes/Snow retention Systems.
Contract Value: $24,000,000.00