KIEWIT ENERGY CANADA CORP.
Shepard Energy Centre is now fully operational and is Alberta’s largest natural gas-fuelled power facility, using combined-cycle technology, two natural gas-fuelled turbines and one steam turbine which adds more than 800 megawatts (MW) of electricity to the provincial grid – enough to meet almost half of Calgary’s current needs. Shepard will also emit less than half the carbon dioxide per MW of conventional coal plants.
Shepard’s value also comes from its environmental, social and economic benefits. These include lower emitting generation, more efficient and reliable generation, responsible water use and environmental management.
Flynn Industrial Ltd started work on site in July of 2012 on the Steam Turbine Building which was substantially complete in time for winter heat in November. The project then moved on with the roofing and cladding on the Generation Building, the Heat Recovery Steam Generator Penthouses and stair wells and multiple pre-engineered steel buildings. FIL completed the project works in December of 2015.
Flynn Industrial Ltd had zero Medical Aids and zero Lost Time Incidents.
FLYNN SCOPE OF WORK
- Procurement and installation Kingspan PIR Roof and Wall panels.
- Procurement and installation of Kingspan MF Wall panels.
- Supply and installation of the pedestrian and roller doors
- Supply and installation of Ruskin Louvres
- Installation of metal building insulation and single skin wall cladding and soffit cladding.
- Supply and installation of roof walkways and handrails with design assist.
- Supply and installation of 2 hour rated internal fire partition walls with design assist.
- Supply and installation of the rain water leader system with design assist.
- Installation of opening and penetrations using Hilti Fire retardant products.
- Manufacture and installation of Roof curbs with design assist.
- Procurement and installation of Ice Rakes/Snow retention Systems.
Contractor: KBV Shepard Energy
Engineer: Black & Veatch
Contract Value: $16,000,000.00